Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Put Down That Cellphone, You Idiot.

It was only a matter of time.

Everything I've known and loved either causes cancer or tries to kill me.  Dairy Queen, cigars, alcohol, you name it, it maims and destroys.

Now, to top it all off, it appears that cellphones cause cancer.

But wait.  Maybe, maybe not.

Seems an "international panel of experts" (as opposed to your Mama, the real expert) decided that there are "possible" human-harming carcinogens in the "electromagnetic radiation" found in cellphones.

WHATTTT?  There's radiation in my Crackberry?  Who'da thunk it?

I have some issues with this report.

A--these folks met in France.  That's right--nation of wimps and wine.

2--it took them a week to decide on the report.  No telling how many people contracted phone cancer in that time period.  I feel a lawsuit coming on.

D--the test group may be flawed.  The testing began with a survey of people who already had cancer and asked them how often they used their cellphones.  Ten years ago.

These experts are part of the World Health Organization.  WHO?  That's right.

In 2007 the USA contributed over $101 million dollars to these bozos.  And we get a French report about a ten-year-old test on sick people who used cellphones.

I want my money back.

No comments: