Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2009.

I'm thankful...

...that I'm cancer free. 

...that I have my wife, my children, my Mama, and my sister.

...that for the first time in several years my children are all home together for a few days.  You should see their mama.  I'm thankful just watching her as she enjoys them. 

...that I have a job an opportunity to work (that's the car business). 

...for being in a church that is unashamed and uninhibited in its love for Jesus.

...for God's faithfulness.  Even when it seems I can't hold on, He never lets me go.

...for good friends.  Sometimes they're like women:  can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.  But I  wouldn't trade my friends for anything in the world.

...for precious memories.

...for the way Mama and Daddy raised me.  Though there have been times I lived like I didn't know right from wrong, it wasn't their fault.  They taught me better.

...for the past.  Forgetting the bad, cherishing the good, remembering the lessons.

...for the future.  I tell my wife, as a reminder, that the rest of our life will be the best of our life.

...for the present.  Every day I wake up next to my sweetheart is a good day.

...for the heritage, handed down through generations before me, that make all that's good in me...well, good.

...for the Bulldogs, Seminoles, and college football in general.  Except UF and Notre Dame.  UF is obvious, Notre Dame is a longstanding loathing.

...for another year in which, as I look back, I have been extremely blessed.  In spite of myself and certainly in spite of the circumstances. 

For all these things, and untold others, I am...thankful.

1 comment:

Jenbug said...

Well said, my dear! I love you!
I am a true "follower" now...sorry, couldn't get the computer to load one of my pictures. Jennie