Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Have A Question

Let me get this straight...we're trying to pass a health care bill written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress which hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a President who also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding by a Treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and all people with any common sense said "AMEN"!

CHERI said...

You are one astute person! Now if we could only get a response from Congress or better yet our "esteemed" president!!!!

Michael Ruffin said...

Ah, but on the other hand...IF it really will help 30 million uninsured Americans get coverage (I feel especially for the working poor) and IF it will really help people who, through no fault of their own, have pre-existing conditions, to get coverage (my lovely and cherished daughter being one of them), then...and there are a lot of other IFs...well, we'll see.

Your concerns, though, are clearly not without foundation.

Plus you're funny as heck, but I've been saying that for 50 years.

Enough of that....now on to more important things...

I like the new Fusion very much!

And I'm going to Barnesville and Yatesville today. Want me to kiss the ground for you? When I ride by McDonald's I still see Berry's Amoco through the tears in my eyes--and that's not an exaggeration.

Blessings to you, brother!