Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm Againts It.

There's a small town down in Carroll County called Villa Rica, Spanish for Town of Riches Town-Of-Texters-Who-Can't-Spell.

Earlier this week the local School Board passed a resolution forbidding students in the Villa Rica High School from wearing ripped/ragged/torn jeans.  It was immediately met with a firestorm of protest from idiot parents and their equally brilliant offspring, who will someday lead this great nation.

An Atlanta television station did a story on the controversy and, as part of the video, showed what students were texting to each other.  It was a plan to protest the resolution.  The text shown read thusly:

"FWD: FWD: FWD: wear holey jeans on Jan 27 to protest againts our schools lame dress code! FWD to all Villa Rika Wildcats!"

You can't make this stuff up.

I have a pair of "holey" jeans, by which I mean I have worn them slap out.  The left leg is ripped open at the knee, the bottom seams are frayed, and the pockets won't hold anything but air. 

If I had known that they were such a big deal, I'da been wearing them to work long before now.  But today I stand with the Villa Rika Wildcats.  I, too, will wear my holey jeans proudly, since I'm againts any stoopid dress kode.

Maybe, together, we can change the world.  And learn to spel at the same time.

No comments: